NAPNAP Nominations are Open for 2021 Election
Available positions are president-elect, secretary, three member-at-large openings and a Nominations Committee member. Read more about the process and the available positions below, click on the position title for a full description.
Nominating yourself or a colleague is fast and easy, just submit a brief online form.
Take the Plunge
Have you ever considered Executive Board or Nominations Committee service, but wondered if you are ready to, “Take the Plunge?” Watch these videos to hear words of wisdom and encouragement from current and former board members who once thought the same thing!
Nominations Committee Chair Raji Koppolu guides a panel discussion of current and former board leaders:Past President Susan Van Cleve shares her thoughts on the importance of serving:
Thank you to Past Presidents Mary Chesney, Laura Searcy, Tresa Zielinski and Susan Van Cleve and current board members, Anne Derouin and Cathy Woodward for their participaton.
The Nominations Process
- Review the role description and nominate yourself or a colleague.
- Nominations Committee members will contact nominated individuals and ask them to complete an online candidate application, including letters of recommendation and a personal statement. The application deadline is October 9.
- The Nominations Committee reviews applications, CVs and references to create a slate of candidates for Executive Board approval.
- When the board approves the slate, the Nominations Committee Chair will notify all candidate applicants of the board’s decision.
- The Nominations Committee chair and a staff liaison will work with all candidates to help them prepare for the election process.
- Candidates will be given opportunities to actively campaign and connect with members.
- Voting-eligible members will cast their ballots in March 2021.
General Candidate Requirements/Recommendations
- NAPNAP member in good standing (REQUIRED for ALL positions).
- Membership in NAPNAP for at least two years prior to election to office (REQUIRED for Executive Board positions only).
- Active participation in chapter or SIG leadership, and/or national committees or work groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to children, nurse practitioners and NAPNAP’s strategic goals.
- Willingness to commit the time and effort needed to carry out the duties of the position (see role descriptions below for details).
- Understanding of association operations, available resources and the nature of volunteerism.
Available 2021 Positions
Click on the role description link to learn more about each position.
The president-elect serves a three-year term – one year each as president-elect, president and immediate past president. The president presides over all Executive Board decisions and leads the organization in its work to achieve the goals set forth in the Strategic Plan.
The secretary serves a two-year term and oversees the keeping of Executive Board minutes, the board policy manual and other governance documents of importance to NAPNAP.
Three people will be elected to two-year terms. Members-at-large, among other duties, serve as mentors and coaches to NAPNAP’s committees, chapters and special interest groups (SIGs).
The Nominations Committee member serves a two-year term. Nominations Committee members actively recruit NAPNAP members to run for available positions on the Executive Board and Nominations Committee.
Any questions about the nominations process can be directed to Eileen Arnold-Ley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2021 election will be conducted online, March 1-26. You will be able to learn more about the candidates in February. Our independent election company will correspond with each eligible voter regarding credentials to cast your ballot.