Share Your Expertise
The Leader in Pediatric Education for Nurse Practitioners® is calling for you to share your expertise with the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners community by becoming an online course author. We invite our members to participate as authors for our PedsCESM continuing education (CE) courses.
- Impact: provide additional opportunities for you to help advance the profession.
- Opportunities: create new opportunities to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Visibility: author a course that will be hosted on PedsCESM, an online learning community that reaches more than 8,000 users.
- Career: strengthen your curriculum vitae (CV).
- Quality: all PedsCESM courses go through a comprehensive peer review process with our CE Review Committee.
We welcome course content covering a wide variety of pediatric advanced practice topics. The topics listed below consistently score highly on our CE needs assessment surveys.
- Adolescent GYN Issues
- Consulting Parents on Behavior/Discipline Issues
- Dermatological Problems
- Developmental Delays/Autism Spectrum
- Diabetes (and other endocrine issues)
- Infectious Diseases
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Nutrition Issues/Obesity
- Orthopedic Issues
- Pharmacology Updates
NAPNAP staff is here to help you. We will work with you to develop your online course. After completing a faculty disclosure form, course authors are requested to submit:
- Short biography
- Learning objectives (3-5 per hour of content)
- Powerpoint slides (approximately 45 slides per hour of content)
- Interactive exercises (3 per hour of content)
- Post-test questions with answers (6-10 per hour of content – multiple choice or true/false are accepted)
- Narration scripts for selected slides
For more information about participating in course development, please contact the Education and Professional Development Department at 917-746-8300.