Here at the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, we know that our members are experts in pediatrics and advocates for children. With our Child Health Policy Learning Collaborative (CHPLC), members can expand their knowledge about critical issues impacting their practices and profession.
- Dec. 2: Shannon Whittington, RN, MSN, LGBT Health Certified will present on best practices for advocating for pediatric LGBTQ+ patients.
- Jan. 6: Nurse practitioner and policy expert Tay Kopanos of AANP will join us to discuss key state-level practice issues on the horizon for 2021.
- Feb. 3: NAPNAP members and advocacy experts, Lacey Eden, MS, NP-C and Laura Searcy, MN, APRN, PPCNP-BC will co-present about grass roots advocacy experts and finding advocacy mentors.
- March 3: Dr. Brigit Carter, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, joined the Duke University School of Nursing will discuss diversity, equity and inclusion advocacy and workforce development.
- April 7: Childhood Obesity SIG Chair Laura Roettger, PhD, MSN, CPNP-PC will address advocacy related to pediatric nutrition and food scarcity.
Past Meetings – View On Demand
Sept. 2 – Nancy Cavanaugh, CPNP-PC and Catherine Lux, DNP, RN, CPNP-PC shared personal experiences about the benefits of building relationships with federal and state elected leaders.
Oct. 7 – Katie Huffling, RN, MS, CNM, FAAN, the executive director of the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments will discuss climate change policy, implications for children and ways in which NPs can be involved in climate change health policy.
Nov. 4 – Meg Wallace, MSW, of MUSC Health will share information about the policy landscape for telemental health care.
Notes from each call are posted to the CHPLC online community. If you haven’t signed up to be a member of the community, simply:
- Click here to access the Child Health Policy Learning Collaborative online community. You will be prompted to log in.
- Click on the green block in the middle of the webpage that says – Join Community