Listen to Our Podcast Series on Pediatric Health and Advanced Practice Nursing
TeamPeds Talks is a podcast series from the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) and features NAPNAP experts and stakeholders addressing key issues in pediatric health. The conversations are available wherever you listen to podcasts, search TeamPeds Talks on your app, on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or on Anchor.fm.
Access to contraception and reproductive care is an essential aspect of adolescent-friendly health care services and to preventing teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, and more — yet many teens face significant barriers. This podcast series is a call to action for pediatric focused clinicians who can contribute significantly to increasing access for this important aspect of adolescent health care. The focus of this series is to address multiple aspects of contraceptive care — from confidentiality to various available methods, and to provide clinical pearls to help improve access for adolescents regardless of setting.
Each guest is most knowledgeable about the laws and policies of their own state and has brought this viewpoint into their conversation. It is important to maintain knowledge of your own local, state, and federal laws that relate to the provision of reproductive health services.
Our host for this series is Dr. Alison Moriarty Daley, PHD, APRN, PPCNP-BC, FAAN, an adolescent clinician that spent nearly 30 years providing reproductive care to teens within primary care settings and educating nurse practitioner students to care for this population.
The idea for this podcast series came from recent work on a collaborative project for NAPNAP that addressed reproductive access for adolescents. We felt that this series could help provide education to other nurse practitioners to help remove existing barriers and improve clinical care in this area.
Let’s talk about it!
We are delighted to introduce TeamPeds Talks eight series- Children in foster care. The hosts for this series are Dr. Brigit VanGraafeiland and Tracy Halasz the chair and co-chairs of NAPNAP Partner’s Alliance for Children in Foster Care.
The mission of the Alliance for Children in Foster Care is to nurture a sense of belonging, connection, and safety for children in foster care by 1) empowering all pediatric-focused advanced practice nurses to incorporate trauma-informed health care as an essential set of services provided to all children in foster care and 2) promoting equitable and optimal growth and development.
- AAP Guidelines
- Disparities in foster care
- Children in foster care- mental health and trauma informed care
- CASA worker and the legal system
- Medically complex youth in foster care
- Foster parent
- Child trafficking in foster care
- Psychotropics prescribing in youth in foster care
- Physical, chronic and behavior issues in foster care
- Aging out in foster care
- Talking to youth aged out of foster care
- Summary episode children in foster care series
This TeamPeds Talks podcast series- 50Forward: Forging Our Future is part of our anniversary celebration themed 50Forward, celebrating our 50th anniversary and our place in history as the first national nurse practitioner society. Join us as we look back at some highlights of our profession and as we look forward to the future of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. This special series is hosted by Dr. Jessica Peck and Dr. Tedra Smith.
- The Future of Child Mental Health
- The Future of Nursing Education
- The Future of Nursing Research
- The Future of Diversifying the Workforce
- The Future of Advocacy
- The Future of Disaster Preparedness
- The Future Forecast from NP Students
- The Future of Children’s Health Systems
- The Future of School-Based Health Care
- The Future of Preceptors
- The Future of Immunization Advocacy
- The Future of Telehealth
- The Future of The Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- The Future of Professionalism and Engagement with Professional Organizations
- The Future of Social Media Professional Platforms
- The Future of NP Advocacy
- 50forward: Forging Our Future- Final Episode
We are excited to present this special series about the unique role and impact that acute care PNPs have within a wide variety of settings called, TeamPeds Talks: The Acute Care PNP’s Impact. This special series is hosted by members of the Acute Care SIG leadership, Dr. Jeremy Jordan and Dr. Vanessa Kalis.
- The history of the ACPNP
- The future of the ACPNP
- APRN Role, Advocacy, Team-Based Care
- Transition to AC Practice
- Role of the Acute Care PNP in Research
- Current Trends in AC Research
- Simulation in Education
- Transition of Care
- Pediatric Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Final Episode
In this podcast series, focus on summer health and wellness, our host Dr. Andrea Kline-Tilford, NAPNAP’s Executive Board President, will explore different aspects of children and teen health through conversations with NAPNAP member experts and special interest group leaders. Join us for pediatric-focused conversations about dermatology, Lyme disease, disaster preparedness, injuries, immunizations and more as we discuss the importance of summer and outdoor wellness.
This series of podcasts includes inspiring and thought-provoking conversations with expert leaders in pediatric health care with a focus on advancing career development and leading change. This series is hosted by Dr. Andrea Kline-Tilford, NAPNAP’s Executive Board President.
- Being a Leader on Emerging Issues Like Climate Change
- Workforce Development
- Keys to Getting Started in Publishing
- NP-led Technology Development
- Bringing the Nursing Voice to the Media
- Mentoring New NP Leaders
- Increasing Diversity: Academics and Clinical Practice
- Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurs: Opening an NP-Run Practice
- How to be an Effective Advocate for Child Health and Pediatric-Focused Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Practice Providers in Formal Leadership Roles
- Preparing the Next Generation of Pediatric-Nurse Practitioners: Precepting
- Professional Organization Board Leadership
- Promoting and Branding Yourself
- Building a More Resilient Pediatric-Focused Nurse Practitioner Workforce
- Final Episode- Leadership and Career Development
This TeamPedsTalks podcast series FocusED, sponsored by the Pediatric Emergency Care Special Interest Group, is a 12-part podcast program that offers a wide range of listeners a unique view into the broad scope of pediatric emergency care. By examining three different emergency care topics from a variety of different vantage points across the care continuum, FocusED highlights the many points of intersection between emergency care and the larger health care system.
- The Stop Trafficking Project
- A Human Trafficking Work Group at a Children’s Hospital
- Child Trafficking: Case Studies and Tools on Identifying Warning Signs
- Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force
- Gun Violence Prevention Strategies: The Primary Care “Connection”
- Gun Safety as a Suicide Prevention Strategy: Community Outreach from the Emergency Department
- The Aftermath: Gun Violence as an Epidemic that Tears Through Communities and Across Generations
- Hospital-based Violence Intervention Programs
- Protecting Children from Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Tobacco Use
- Manage and Anticipate Withdraw with Teens Who Vape
- Early Intervention for Respiratory Conditions to Prevent Cardiac Failure
- Vaping- A Young Man’s Perspective
TeamPeds Talks – Focus on Child and Adolescent Mental Health showcases innovative thought leaders equipping care providers and families for effective responses to mental health concerns.
COVID-19 has dramatically disrupted daily life and social norms for children all over the world. Although children and teens have been largely spared the widespread effects of severe illness and death, pediatric mental health has been dramatically impacted. This seismic global pandemic shift has completely changed the public narrative as families seek information and resources for developmental, behavioral and mental health concerns.
- Enhancing Access to Pediatric Mental Health through Primary Care
- Equipping Families to Support Children with Anxiety and Depression in a Global Pandemic
- Navigating Post-Pandemic School Stressors
- Responding to Impacts of Social Isolation on Child Abuse and Trafficking
- Practicing Good Sleep Hygiene to Promote Mental Health
- Learning to COPE with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Meeting Remote Learning Challenges for Children with ADHD
- Building Coping Behaviors for School Changes
- Effective Strategies for Managing Severe Eating Disorders
- Caring for the Digital Generation: Understanding Electronic Aggression
- Preventing Substance Use in Teens
- Adverse Childhood Events and Trauma-Informed Care
- Children with Special Health Care Needs and Intellectual Disabilities
- Motivational Interviewing and Risk Assessment in Teens Part 1
- Motivational Interviewing and Risk Assessment in Teens Part 2
- Teens and Dating Violence
- Final Episode- Focus on Child and Adolescents Mental Health
Our first podcast 16-episode series in TeamPeds Talks, Conversations on Child Health Equity, reflects key issues that make up the underlying factors of social determinants of health (SDOH) as detailed by Healthy People 2020 “place-based” organizing framework. Each conversation episode highlights one issue related to SDOH with host Dr. Jessica Peck engaging with an expert guest or panel of guests.
- Trauma-Informed Care in Juvenile Detention
- Home Visits to Improve Asthma Outcomes
- Excellence in School-Based Telehealth for Asthma & ADHD
- Mitigating Toxic Stress in Infants and Toddlers
- Inter professional Care Experiences for Persons with Autism and Neurodiversity
- Nurse-Led School-Based Health Centers
- The Impact of Air Quality on Child Health
- How an Adoption Journey Led This NP to Work for Educational Justice
- Responding to Food Insecurities: Cross-Sector Inter professional Collaborations
- NAPNAP Partners and the Alliance for Children in Trafficking
- Caring for Children in Military Families
- Civic Engagement: How Our Nursing Voice Influences Child Health Policy
- Assessing Food Insecurity in Primary Care Environments
- Racial Discrimination and Impact on Healthy Eating Patterns
- Children in poverty: Through the lens of abuse
- Final Episode- Conversation on Child Health Equity