We believe our members’ personal recommendations and referrals are the best way to enlighten and attract PNP and FNP students and practicing providers to join us. With our new Student Ambassador program, we want to reach every NP or DNP student who plans to work with kids.
Student Ambassadors will spread the word about NAPNAP and its member benefits through on campus events/fairs, local meet-ups, social media and other networking opportunities. We will supply training and materials to assist Ambassadors in their recruitment campaigns.
- Must be a current NAPNAP student member in an accredited PNP or FNP program
- Must have completed one semester of NP/DNP program
- Must complete the online application which include a personal statement about why you want to be an Ambassador and what qualities or experiences make you the ideal candidate
- A faculty member must verify your current enrollment in a PNP, FNP or DNP program*
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
*If you have been recruited by a NAPNAP staff person as a result of a faculty recommendation, you do not need additional faculty verification via this online form.
Please note: there can only be one Ambassador per NP/DNP program at each university.
- Attend an introductory training webinar to learn more about NAPNAP, its benefits for students and practitioners and specific Student Ambassador responsibilities
- Ongoing support communication with NAPNAP staff as needed
- Plan and execute at least two events (student fairs, meet-ups, etc.) within an academic calendar year, including securing a venue, promoting the event and presenting about NAPNAP's member benefits
- Actively promote campus recruiting/networking events through personal social media engagement you find most helpful
- Distribute electronic and paper membership materials to prospects throughout the academic year
- Establish a relationship with local NAPNAP chapter and attend a chapter meeting to present the plan for membership recruitment activities for the year
- Ongoing support communication with NAPNAP staff that include description of activities/efforts, what worked and didn't work, number of new members recruited, follow up Q&A
- Help identify and secure your Ambassador successor
- Share and retweet NAPNAP messaging (conference, specialty symposia, certification review courses, student and provider resources, advocacy, etc.)
- Free membership renewal for one year
- Chance to win national recruitment awards
- Interact with a member of NAPNAP's leadership
- Recognition on NAPNAP’s website and digital channels
- Gain leadership experience in a supportive environment