Since its formation in 1993, the School-based Health Care Special Interest Group has had continuous growth, and currently has more than 100 members. The SIG publishes information regularly via the NAPNAP School-based Health Care SIG community and maintains a clearinghouse of school-based health care information. The School-based Health Care SIG collaborates with organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, National Assembly on School-Based Health Care, National Nursing Coalition for School Health and the National Association of School Nurses. Periodically, resources on school-based health care and other pertinent topics are provided to the members of the SIG.
For more information about the School-based Health Care SIG, please contact email@example.com.
- Increase membership by 5% through postings on the member network, and in-person meetings at the National Conference.
- Increase member engagement via bi-monthly newsletters, member spotlights, virtual calls, and continuing education offerings.
- Collaborate with other SIGs and school-based organizations.
- Facebook Live: Are They Actually Allergic to Penicillin? Presented by Co-chair Trisha Wendling
- NAPNAP Position Statement on School-based Health Care (JPHC)
The School-based Health Care SIG presents a monetary award to go toward NAPNAP national conference expenses. Available only to School-based Health Care SIG members, information regarding the application is available via the online community annually. Please check three to six months prior to the conference.
- WholeChildEducation.org – Developed by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, this model aims to better align the policies, processes, and practices of education, public health, and school health, and in doing so, improve learning and health.
- School-Based Health Alliance – An organization aimed on improving the health of children and youth by advancing and advocating for school-based health care.