The Pediatric Emergency Care Special Interest Group (PEC SIG) is one of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners’ more recent special interest groups. Its purpose is to provide members with a national forum to explore and discuss current issues and unique challenges faced by nurse practitioners working in pediatric emergency departments and urgent care centers across the country. The PEC SIG will establish a cohesive environment to identify common goals and ultimately create solutions for our evolving education, practice and legislative responsibilities.
Pediatric emergency care is a specialty that is drawing on an increasing number of pediatric nurse practitioners (PNPs) to deliver high quality, efficient and effective care. Across the nation, it has been demonstrated that PNPs are vital team members in both emergency departments and urgent care centers. The Pediatric Emergency Care SIG provides an opportunity to share our expertise and explore current and future issues from a national perspective.
- Please visit the Journal of Pediatric Health Care to search for articles on this topic.
- “Teen Proofing” printout – Developed in collaboration with the Adolescent Health Care SIG, this resource includes common hazards for teenagers at home and what parents can do to prevent these accidents from happening.
- CHOP ED Pathways : http://www.chop.edu/pathways/emergency#.VPkU9sbv574
- CHOP Open Access Medical Education: http://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/chop-open-access-medical-education
- Pediatric EM Morsels: http://pedemmorsels.com
- PEM + ED: http://www.pemed.org
- EM Basic: http://embasic.org
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine // Pediatrics: http://www.aliem.com/category/clinical/pediatrics/
- Paucis Verbis (PV) Cards: http://www.aliem.com/pv-cards/
- Crashing Patient // Emergency Medicine and ED Critical Care: http://crashingpatient.com/
- Online Educational Resources from Residency Programs: http://www.aliem.com/online-educational-resources-from-residencieas
- PEM Educational Modules (AOM, Croup, Bronchiolitis, ALTE, Gastroenteritis, Syncope, Strep): http://www.mededmasters.com/pemcem.html
- Congenital Heart Disease: http://www.pted.org
PEM Cincinnati – EKGs: http://www.pemcincinnati.com/blog/briefs-ekgs/
- Tim Root – Opthalmology Videos: https://timroot.com/videos
- Pediatric CBC and differential: http://www.pediatricnursing.net/conf/handouts/2010/Session_121_Jakubik.pdf
- Presenting patients in the ED (video): https://vimeo.com/132865332