The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner’s Asthma and Allergy SIG focuses on supporting the PNPs’ care of children and adolescents with asthma and allergies by offering tools, resources and professional development opportunities. The Asthma and Allergy SIG connects PNPs who deliver asthma and allergy care to children with both evidenced-based and peer-based learning opportunities to enhance their knowledge and clinical practices. The SIG collaborates with other national stakeholders to produce and promote high quality, cost-effective asthma and allergy strategies for patients and their families to improve child health outcomes.
- Assess and improve current landing page content at least quarterly; ensure relevancy and EBP content is up to date.
- Update the Reference Guide for Caring for Pediatric Patients with Asthma with the new NAEPP 2020 guidelines.
- Identify practices within the AA SIG for asthma education for the community and health care providers.
- Quarterly Virtual SIG Meeting Invitations; weekly discussion threads; Bi-annual newsletters.
- Collaborate with other SIGs on best practice endeavor for child with asthma and allergies
- Disseminate Asthma and Allergy education items through discussion thread bimonthly.
- Update asthma resource guide found at https://www.napnap.org/wp-content/uploads/Asthma-Allergy-SIG-booklet-2020-updated.pdf
- Increase SIG advertising efforts.
- Please visit the Journal of Pediatric Health Care to search for articles on this topic.
- Resources are also available on the SIG’s microsite.
- Asthma Provider Resource Guide – developed by the Asthma & Allergy Special Interest Group and the NAPNAP Foundation
- May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month – Visit the National Asthma Control Initiative’s webpage for resources on asthma and how you can help someone breathe better.
- NAEPP Guidelines – These clinical guidelines reflect the latest scientific advancements in asthma and the best practice approaches for making clinical decisions about asthma care.
- Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) – This international organization includes valuable resources and updates, including a downloadable pocket guide for asthma management.