The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner’s Asthma and Allergy SIG focuses on supporting the PNPs’ care of children and adolescents with asthma and allergies by offering tools, resources and professional development opportunities. The Asthma and Allergy SIG connects PNPs who deliver asthma and allergy care to children with both evidenced-based and peer-based learning opportunities to enhance their knowledge and clinical practices. The SIG collaborates with other national stakeholders to produce and promote high quality, cost-effective asthma and allergy strategies for patients and their families to improve child health outcomes.
- Evaluate and improve website content. Update the website and asthma guide booklet with the new NAEPP 2020 guidelines.
- Identify practices within the AA SIG for asthma education for the community.
- Improve member engagement through AA SIG communication such as biyearly newsletters, monthly topic triggers via online peer discussions and annual in-person meeting.
- Collaborative with other SIGs on best practice endeavors for children with asthma and allergies.
- May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month – Visit the National Asthma Control Initiative’s webpage for resources on asthma and how you can help someone breathe better.
- NAEPP Guidelines – These clinical guidelines reflect the latest scientific advancements in asthma and the best practice approaches for making clinical decisions about asthma care.
- Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) – This international organization includes valuable resources and updates, including a downloadable pocket guide for asthma management.