Founded in 2011, the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) Adolescent Health Care Special Interest Group (AHC SIG) endeavors to provide opportunities to increase awareness about adolescent health care and the NPs working in the field among NAPNAP members and stakeholders. The SIG invites all pediatric-focused advanced practice nurses specifically interested in adolescent health care across different settings to become members.
Adolescence spans the ages of 10-21, roughly half of childhood. Adolescents benefit from high-quality, developmentally appropriate health care and prevention strategies.
- Please visit the Journal of Pediatric Health Care to search for articles on this topic.
- Position Statements
- “Teen Proofing” printout – Developed in collaboration with the Pediatric Emergency Care SIG, this resource includes common hazards for teenagers at home and what parents can do to prevent these accidents from happening.
- Listen to Adolescent Health SIG member Alison Moriarty Daley, PhD, APRN, PNP-BC, speak about cancer prevention and the HPV vaccine for kids 11 years and older.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – Premier professional membership organization for obstetrician–gynecologists
- Adolescent Health Working Group – Behavioral health, sexual health, trauma and resilience
- American Sexual Health Association – America’s nonprofit authority for sexual health information
- Bedsider Providers – Reproductive health
- Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health – Organized collaborative of government and non-governmental organizations to promote and protect the sexual and reproductive health of youth
- Contemporary Pediatrics HEEADSSS 3.0 – Excellent article about conducting comprehensive psychosocial history in adolescents
- Contraceptive Technology – CEU opportunity
- Feminist Midwife – Trauma-informed scripts including discussing STD results, contraception options and positive pregancy results.
- Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People (UCSF) – Guidelines aimed to address these disparities by equipping primary care providers and health systems with the tools and knowledge to meet the health care needs of their transgender and gender nonconforming patients
- National STD Curriculum (University of Washington) – CEU opportunity
- North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology – Dedicated to providing multidisciplinary leadership in education, research and gynecologic care to improve the reproductive health of youth.
- Reproductive Health Access Project – Clinical tools & patient education materials
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine – Multidisciplinary organization committed to improving the physical and psychosocial health and well-being of all adolescents through advocacy, clinical care, health promotion, health service delivery, professional development and research.
- Adolescent Health Working Group – nutrition and exercise resources for youth
- Besider – reproductive health
- Center for Young Women’s Health (Boston Children’s) – general health
- KidsHealth – general health
- Scarleteen – inclusive, comprehensive sexuality and relationships information
- TeensHealth – general health
- Young Men’s Health (Boston Children’s) – general health