Caring for immigrant families means looking through a trauma-informed lens and openly discussing the mental health concerns related to the uncertainties of living as an immigrant in the U.S. today. NAPNAP have several mental health resources to share with patients and their families.
- Information for Parents about Anxiety in Children and Teens
- Information for Parents on How to Help Your Child/Teen Cope with Stressful Events or Uncertainty
- Information for Teens and School-Age Children about Stress and Anxiety
- Information on Depression for Parents
- Information on Depression for Teens
Providers and patients are encouraged to access resources from our Developmental Behavioral and Mental Health special interest group.
Protecting Immigrant Families Non-Profit Resources
- COVID-19 update
- Provider Info
- Patient Info
- Georgetown University Health Policy Institute: Center for Children and Families – How Public Charge Rule Impacts Children
- US Citizenship & Immigration Services – Public Charge information
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center – Public Charge Outreach Toolkit
- ProtectingImmigrantFamilies.org – Know Your Rights – multiple languages