We are piloting a program to give our conference participants a chance to showcase their recently published books at conference. Authors can feature their children's books that cover health and family life topics or books geared to parents and caregivers about healthcare topics, child development, parenting tips, etc. Publishers and authors wishing to promote text books can apply for an exhibit booth.
Friday, March 8, 6-7:30 p.m., Storyville Hall at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans - this time and location was selected because it coincides with the SIG Showcase which draws hundreds of conference participants.
Cost & Logistics
- Limited to the first 10 authors who respond and register for the conference.
- Apply via email to email@example.com with author's full name, book title, link to online sales/description (if available) and contact info by Nov. 30, 2018.
- $100 – member authors; must be registered for conference
- $250 – non-member authors; must be registered for conference
- NAPNAP will provide draped table and one chair.
- NAPNAP will invoice for Book Corner table via email by Dec. 14, 2018. Balances will be due by Dec. 31, 2018.
- Books must be consumer-focused for pediatric/family audience. Text books can only be promoted in the exhibit hall by publishers or authors. Only pre-approved book titles may be displayed.
- Author must staff the table for the duration of the event. (90 minutes)
- Author is responsible for any costs to receive or send shipments at the hotel.
- Author is responsible for coordinating the transportation of inventory and table décor in/around the hotel. NAPNAP staff cannot accept, hold or move Book Corner materials.
- Author must remove all materials from event space 30 minutes after the event ends.
- Author cannot promote books via the conference mobile app.
- Author cannot leave book flyers in hotel/conference public space.
- Author can choose to bring sample copies for his/her table and share a URL at which interested parties can purchase the book. This helps the author avoid inventory shipping/handling costs to/from New Orleans and sales tax collection.
- If an author decides to sell a book onsite, 9.45% sales tax must be collected. NAPNAP will remit the sales tax on behalf of the authors. Authors will be required to complete NAPNAP's onsite book sales tally form immediately after the event indicating the amount of tax payable to the local government. Authors should plan to remit the tax amount via cash or check to NAPNAP staff onsite following the event.