NAPNAP's Nominations Committee is now recruiting candidates for the 2018 election!
Available positions are president-elect, treasurer, three member-at-large openings and a Nominations Committee member. Read more about the process and available positions below, click on the position title for a full role description. Nominating yourself or a colleague is fast and easy, just submit a brief online form.
The nominations deadline is September 29 so don't delay, act today!
- Review the role descriptions and nominate yourself or a colleague.
- Nominations Committee members will contact nominated individuals and ask them to complete an online candidate application, including letters of recommendation and a personal statement. Application deadline is October 6.
- The Nominations Committee reviews applications, CVs and references to create a list of potential candidates for Executive Board approval.
- Upon approval, a staff liaison will work with candidates to collect campaign information and post it online for members to view.
- Candidates will also have the opportunity to actively campaign and connect with members at our 2018 national conference in Chicago.
- Voting-eligible members cast their ballots in March.
General Candidate Requirements/Recommendations
- Membership in NAPNAP for at least two years prior to election to office (REQUIRED).
- Active participation in chapter or SIG leadership, and/or national committees or work groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to children, nurse practitioners and NAPNAP's strategic goals.
- Willingness to commit the time and effort to carry out the duties of the position.
- Understanding of association operations, available resources and the nature of volunteerism.
Available 2018 Positions
President-elect: Serves a three-year term - one year each as president-elect, president and immediate past president.
Treasurer: Serves a two-year term.
Member-at-large: Three people will be elected to two-year terms.
Nominations Committee Member: Serves a two-year term.