The below materials were created in conjunction with the 2021 publication of A Practical Guide to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening, Early Intervention, and Health Promotion, Third Edition. These excerpted resources are for parents, children and teens dealing with challenging situations.
- Information for Parents about Anxiety in Children and Teens
- Information for School-age Children and Teens about Stress and Anxiety
- Information for Parents on How to Help Your Child/Teen Cope with Stressful Events or Uncertainty
- Information for Helping Children, Teens and Their Families Cope with War and/or Terrorism
- Information for Parents on Depression
- Information on Depression for Teens
Contact your pediatric-focused nurse practitioner or other health care provider to schedule mental health screenings and discuss treatment options. Call 911 or go to your local emergency department in case of a life-threatening or time critical issue.
Pediatric-focused health care providers can order A Practical Guide to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening, Early Intervention, and Health Promotion, Third Edition for access to more expert-developed, evidence-based information and tools.
Additional provider-focused resources can be found on our Clinical Practice Resource page under the Mental Health section. Our Developmental Behavioral and Mental Health and Children in Disasters special interest groups have original and curated resources for providers and families.