Question: Does NAPNAP have a toll-free phone number?
Answer: Yes! Call NAPNAP's national office toll-free at 877-662-7627 (877-6-NAPNAP)
Question: What is Member Choices?
Answer: NAPNAP gives you the opportunity to pick a membership level that suits your career and budget. See our Member Choices page for more information.
Question: How much does it cost to join NAPNAP?
Answer: NAPNAP charges annual membership fees calculated by the type of membership.
- Preferred Active: $195
- APRNs who provide health care for children and who have obtained or are eligible for national board certification as an APRN; RNs who have completed a course which follows the ANA-AAP 1971 Guidelines on Short-Term CE Programs preparing the PNP; RNs who are practicing PNPS and were educated prior to the 1971 guidelines. Full rights of membership.
- Preferred Associate: $195
- People interested in fostering the objectives of the association, including RNs. They shall not have the right to vote or hold office, but can serve on committees and join SIGs.
- Essentials Active: $165
- APRNs who provide health care for children and who have obtained or are eligible for national board certification as an APRN; RNs who have completed a course which follows the ANA-AAP 1971 Guidelines on Short-Term CE Programs preparing the PNP; RNs who are practicing PNPS and were educated prior to the 1971 guidelines. Limited rights of membership. See our Member Choices page for more information.
- Essentials Associate: $165
- People interested in fostering the objectives of the association, including RNs. They shall not have the right to vote or hold office, but can serve on committees and join SIGs. Limited rights of membership. See our Member Choices page for more information.
- Student: $105
- Registered nurses currently enrolled in an approved APRN program; limited to three years. Full rights of membership.
- Doctoral student: $105
- APRNs, already eligible for active NAPNAP membership, currently enrolled in any doctoral program; limited to two years. Full rights of membership.
- New Graduate: $105
- APRNs in their first year following the completion of their APRN program; limited to one year. Full rights of membership.
- Retiree: $85
- APRNs retired from practice/employment and 62 years or older.
Question: Who can be a member of NAPNAP?
Answer: Our members include national child care experts, respected authors, distinguished faculty and practicing professionals representing many facets of pediatric health care delivery, including:
- Primary and Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Family Nurse Practitioners
- School NPs
- Neonatal NPs
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Pediatric Nurse Consultants
- Pediatric Nurses
- PNP/FNP Faculty
- PNP/FNP Students
For those who are not nurse practitioners, nurse practitioner students or pediatric nurses, we offer our associate membership.
Question: What are the benefits of a NAPNAP membership?
Answer: Whether it’s access to CE courses, advocating for recognition and credibility of your profession or exclusive discounts on nationwide conferences, NAPNAP provides its members with many opportunities for growth, achievement and professional excellence. See our member benefits section!
Join online or by mail today and start enjoying your member benefits.
Question: I am already a member of another association can I still join NAPNAP?
Answer: Yes you can. You can join online by clicking on “Become a Member” or you can call our toll-free number at 877-662-7627. If your current membership association is on our list of dual membership partners you can join NAPNAP at a discounted price. Learn how you can enjoy additional benefits and save on membership dues through our new dual membership program!
Question: If my institution has a group of interested nurse practitioners, is there a group discount available to us?
Answer: NAPNAP has a group membership plan great for institutions and larger practices.
Question: Why haven't I received my Journal of Pediatric Health Care?
Answer: NAPNAP members receive the Journal of Pediatric Health Care, published by Elsevier, as a membership benefit. A subscription is ordered once NAPNAP processes your membership. Your subscription should begin just a few weeks later, depending on the publication date of the next issue. If you're experiencing a delay, please contact the national office.
Question: Do I need to contact the national office to change my address?
Answer: You can update your member profile whenever you’d like online. Simply login and select “Account”. When you are finished, click the “Update Information” button at the bottom of the screen. You’re always welcome to notify NAPNAP of your change of address and we can update your record for you. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, old address, new address, new phone, and e-mail address. You can also call the national office at 877-662-7627 or you can send mail to us at 5 Hanover Square, Suite 1401, New York, NY 10004.
Question: Can NAPNAP answer my questions related to APRN practice issues?
Answer: NAPNAP offers blogs and communities where members can ask and answer practice or professional questions. To access our online community, log into napnap.org with your user name and password. Select the Member Network link and choose My Communities - Open Forum. You can post a message by clicking on Participate and Post a Message.