If you are interested in joining a SIG email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what SIG you would like to join or simply mail in your SIG application.
With more than 100 members, the Immunization SIG provides its members with a forum to explore and discuss the current special issues of pediatric immunizations; to represent NAPNAP at various national immunization meetings; and to act as a consulting group to members and the national NAPNAP office regarding vaccine preventable diseases and immunization practices.
The Immunization Special Interest Group contributes to the field in the following ways:
- Distributes biannual newsletter to SIG members containing interesting and current immunization information PNPs can use in practice.
- Advises in the development of immunization curricula for colleges and continuing education through the Association of Teachers of Preventative Medicine.
- Collaborates with American Nurses Association on childhood immunization topics.
- Attends national meetings such as Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and Immunization Education and Action Committee of the Healthy Mother's, Healthy Babies Coalition.
- Consults with national organizations on such efforts as the Prevention Flow Sheets used by the Department of Health and Human Service's Put Prevention Into Practice program.
- Provides experts to serve on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC).
- NEW: Provider Toolkit – download these tools in your practice setting
- Provider Info
- Patient Education
- Listen to NAPNAP member Alison Moriarty Daley, PhD, APRN, PNP-BC, speak about cancer prevention and the HPV vaccine for kids 11 years and older.
- Immunization SIG microsite - online community and resources
- Immunizations Collection - NAPNAP's Journal of Pediatric Health Care.
- The History of Vaccines - development of vaccination and its more contemporary resources such as, activities on herd immunity, how vaccines work and understanding risk - The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- www.immunize.org - up-to-date immunization information, including opt-in newsletters and tips pages - Immunization Action Coalition
- Video FAQs - what parents need to know about vaccination - Every Child By Two
- Tools and strategies - customizable for use in clinical settings to address immunization barriers and improve parent education - National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID)