Welcome! We know that it's hard to be a newbie. Where to go? What to do? Will I have anyone to talk to? Don't stress. Each year, more than 100 pediatric-focused APRNs from around the country are first timers at our national conference and they all survive and leave with a smile. Take some time to review the below tips to enhance your first (of many!) visits to our National Conference on Pediatric Health Care. But don't take our word for it, hear it from past first time attendees!
Before You Go
- Make sure you've signed up for your preferred sessions and special events by verifying the registration confirmation email you received. You can access our online schedule to learn more about course content, learning objectives and presenters.
- Book your hotel reservation at one of our four conference hotels to enjoy discounted nightly rates and free guestroom Wi-Fi for NAPNAP conference attendees. Discounted blocks close March 1-2 and are on a space-available basis.
- Check out our travel/transportation page to find great deals to get to and around in Long Beach. We also have a Share a Room, Share a Ride community in TeamPeds: Member Network for you to connect with fellow members and share on travel or lodging services.
- Our conference mobile app will be available in March for you to learn more about our conference, including the conference schedule, your personal agenda and maps and exhibitors. This app is available in both the App Store and Google Play.
- Use the link in your confirmation email, sent a few weeks before the conference kick off, to download presentation hand-outs to your tablet or laptop. Printed copies and printers are not available on site, with the exception of certification review courses and select intensive workshops.
- Watch out for special emails or mailings from our partners about free special events and opportunities hosted during our conference, including ancillary meal events.
- Pick up your badge using our self-serve kiosks in our conference registration area. The kiosk will also print any pre-registered tickets for special events and pre-purchased books.
- Grab a conference tote bag in the conference registration area which includes our program book, at a glance schedule/map and other goodies.
- Visit our ribbon board to get your First Time Attendee ribbon!
- Talk to people - our members and other conference attendees are very friendly and helpful.
- Explore our host city during down time, and invite your new friends to join you.
- Look for staff or board members wearing "Can I Help You?" badges to assist you. You can also ask for assistance at our information booth in the conference registration area and the NAPNAP Pavilion in the exhibit hall.
- Wear your name badge to all conference-related sessions, events and exhibit hall.
What You Are Eligible to Attend
- Pre-register for our complimentary business meeting breakfast or purchase a ticket for our Welcome Aboard Social on the Queen Mary to attend these special events. All conference registrants are invited to our Opening Night Reception in the Exhibit Hall on March 25. Tickets will be printed with your badge at our self-serve kiosk.
- Plan to attend as many of our general and concurrent sessions and poster presentations as you can.
- Spend time learning more about the latest in child health and advanced practice nursing products and services in our exhibit hall. It's also a great place to score free morning beverages and continental breakfast on select days.
- Mingle during complimentary afternoon snack breaks on select days.
- Take advantage of the free ancillary meal events. Admittance is managed by the hosting company.
- Don't miss our special interest group (SIG) showcase to learn more about the great work of these groups and how you can get involved.
When You Get Home
- Complete session evaluations for each session you attended to earn CE contact hours. Upon completion of your evaluations, you can print a certificate for your files.
- Start planning to join us in Orlando on March 10–13, 2021 for our next national conference and watch your email for news about our 2020 specialty symposia!
What to Wear/Bring
- Bring your favorite walking shoes to keep your tootsies happy as you cruise between sessions, the exhibit hall and special events.
- Plan to wear business casual attire, but you'll notice session and poster presenters often dress up for their presentations.
- Bring layers because room temperatures can fluctuate based on time of day, location in the building and number of people in the room. Keep in mind that the average high temperature in Long Beach in March is 70 degrees and it drops down into the 50s at night.
- Don't forget your tablet or laptop containing your session hand-outs so you can take notes as you go.
- Walk or jog with a buddy.
- Keep your purse/bag zipped and don't leave it unattended in public spaces.
- Protect your valuables by keeping them with you or locked in a room safe at all times.
- Do not wear your name badge out in public.
- See something - say something!