The Leader in Pediatric Education for Nurse Practitioners® is calling for you to share your expertise with the NAPNAP community by becoming an online course author!
NAPNAP invites our members to participate as authors for our PedsCESM Continuing Education (CE) courses. You provide the content, NAPNAP converts it into an interactive learning activity using our state-of-the-art authoring tool.
Why develop a PedsCESM online continuing education course?
- Impact: Provide additional opportunities for you to help advance the profession.
- Opportunities: Create new opportunities to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Visibility: Author a course that will be seen hosted on PedsCESM, an online learning community with more than 2,900 users.
- Career: Strengthen your curriculum vitae.
- Quality: All PedsCESM courses go through a comprehensive peer review process with the NAPNAP CE Review Committee.
What course topics will be considered?
NAPNAP welcomes course content covering a wide variety of pediatric advanced practice topics. The topics listed below consistently score highly on NAPNAP CE needs assessment surveys.
- Adolescent GYN Issues
- Consulting Parents on Behavior/Discipline Issues
- Dermatological Problems
- Developmental Delays/Autism Spectrum
- Diabetes (and other endocrine issues)
- Infectious Diseases
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Nutrition Issues/Obesity (COP SIG Members encouraged!)
- Orthopedic Issues (POPS SIG Members encouraged!)
- Pharmacology Updates
What are course authors required to submit?
NAPNAP staff are here to help you. We will work with you to develop your online course. After completing a faculty disclosure form, course authors are requested to submit:
- Short biography
- Learning objectives (3-5 per hour of content)
- Powerpoint slides (approximately 60 per hour of content)
- Interactive exercises (3 per hour of content)
- Post Test questions with answers (6-10 per hour of content) (multiple choice or true/false are accepted)
- Narration scripts for selected slides (recorded by NAPNAP narrator)
Interested in developing a PedsCESM course?
For more information about participating in course development, please contact the Education and Professional Development Department at 917-746-8300.