As a current member, you know that the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) is the professional home for pediatric-focused Advanced Practice Nurses (APRNs). We serve as your go-to source for quality online and in-person pediatric education, peer-to-peer networking, evidence-based practice resources, career tools and high-caliber pediatric and advanced practice nursing research and news.
Don’t keep us a secret! Invite your pediatric-focused APRN colleagues and students to become a part of the NAPNAP community today during our Better Together campaign. We will reward you for the new members you recruit between Aug. 31-Oct. 13.
- Refer a prospective member to learn more and make sure they enter your name in the Better Together Referred By field when they join (this step is key)!
- Check out the recruitment tips below when discussing NAPNAP membership to help guide your recruitment efforts.
- Need additional help? Email your colleagues’ names and contact information to email@example.com, and we will send them more information about membership.
This program provides an incentive for recruiting new members in our Preferred and Career Starter/Student categories only.
When you’re ready to start recruiting, simply copy and paste the text below. Don’t forget to edit the information to include their first name!
As I’ve probably mentioned before, I’m a member of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, also known as NAPNAP. It has been the ideal professional home for me because it provides a community of pediatric-focused nurse practitioners to engage with and continuing education that has enhanced my practice. As we continue to innovate how we practice and/or educate or precept the next generation of NPs, I truly believe that benefits and services that NAPNAP offers will be very valuable. I recommend you join me in NAPNAP’s community of experts in pediatrics and advocates for children.
Learn more about NAPNAP membership and feel free to ask me questions about my experience. When you join, please include my name in the referred by field. I’m participating in the current Better Together campaign. Now is a particularly advantageous time to join because NAPNAP members have free access to NAPNAP Cares, an innovative mental health continuing education collective to enhance your practice. Additionally, registration for NAPNAP’s national conference opens in mid-October and members are privy to an exclusive registration rate.
Participation in our Better Together Campaign benefits everyone.
You — For each new member you recruit, you will receive one entry into a drawing with prizes. The more new members you recruit, the more chances you have to win our fabulous prizes including:
- Grand Prize: One free full conference registration
- Second Prize: One free membership renewal
- Third prize: 50% discount for your upcoming membership renewal
- Other prizes (up to seven winners): Free swag from the NAPNAP store for an item of your choosing
Your Colleagues — When new members join NAPNAP, they will be able to take advantage of all the benefits of membership including professional development, educational resources and networking opportunities, including discounts on our highly rated continuing education opportunities.
NAPNAP — With each new member, our association gains another voice to advocate for child health and advanced practice nursing. In addition, new members’ clinical expertise enhances our publications, special interest groups and conference presentations and grow our community of pediatric health leaders.
Follow the tips below to maximize the likelihood that the individuals that you speak to will join:
- Identify the best prospects – Review your network of professional colleagues and identify those who could benefit most from NAPNAP membership. Remember, NAPNAP is the home to all PNPs and FNPs who treat children. When meeting new individuals, consider asking whether or not they are a member of NAPNAP. If not, utilize the tools below to tell them about the organization.
- Know the benefits of membership – NAPNAP provides an array of valuable resources to members. The more familiar you are with the benefits, the better equipped you will be to discuss them with your colleagues. Try to remember why you first joined and how you have come to value new benefits as your career has progressed. Our membership page also includes a layout of the benefits we offer to our members.
- Give examples – Provide your colleagues with examples of how your NAPNAP membership has benefited you in your career. A positive testimonial can be one of the strongest tools when recruiting new members.
- Focus on their needs – Each individual has different needs regarding their professional development. Ask questions about their professional goals and what information they are looking for. Based on their answers, identify and highlight the benefits that will be of greatest value to them.
- Close with a plan of action – After discussing the value of membership and your experience, encourage your colleague to choose NAPNAP as their professional home. By referring them to the NAPNAP website, they can get more information about the association. Your colleague can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
- Follow up – Check back in a few days to inquire about whether or not they’ve joined and ask if they have any additional questions. If they haven’t already joined, this follow-up can serve as a reminder for them to do so.
- Continue to help – Now that they have joined NAPNAP, encourage your colleague to explore their new member benefits and check out all NAPNAP has to offer. Don’t forget to thank them for strenghtening your professional home!
- All current members are eligible to participate in the Better Together program and receive the discounted renewal. If your membership lapses, you cannot take advantage of this opportunity.
- To receive credit for a referral, the new member must include the referring member’s first and last name. If NAPNAP cannot verify the identity of the referring member’s name, no credit will be received for that application.
- Program valid for new members who join between Aug. 31-Oct. 13.
- By Oct. 27, NAPNAP will conduct a drawing with each referrer receiving one entry per referral. NAPNAP will reach out to all winners by Oct. 31 via email.
- Other program discounts cannot be combined.