The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) is recognized as the global leader, trusted authority and indispensable resource on comprehensive advanced practice nursing.
To empower pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) and key partners to optimize child and family health.
- Advocacy for children
- Respect and accountability to our members and partners
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity
- Dedication to lifelong learning
- Innovation in practice and research
- Visionary leadership
- Passion for our practice
- Professional integrity
2020-2023 Strategic Plan
Vision Statement: The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) proactively identifies critical pediatric health issues in primary, acute, critical and subspeciality care and employs resources including continuing education, advocacy efforts, research and collaboration with key stakeholders to educate pediatric providers and disseminate best practices.
- Advocates for improved pediatric outcomes by advancing an accurate pediatric-focused APRN public narrative.
Sociocultural Influencers of Health
- Proactively identifies opportunities to address and improve sociocultural influencers of health and their impact on pediatric physical and mental health and development through programs and services in collaboration with the NAPNAP Foundation, NAPNAP Partners for Vulnerable Youth, grant makers and other stakeholders.
Vulnerable Patient Populations
- Proactively identifies at-risk pediatric populations and offers pediatric providers and other stakeholders leading resources including continuing education, policy, research and practice guidelines.
- Access to Affordable and High-Quality Care
Works with external partners and stakeholders to ensure all children have full and direct access to affordable, high-quality health care provided by pediatric-focused APRNs.
- Advocates for high-quality comprehensive public and private insurance coverage and coordinates care models including equitable, value-based reimbursement models that best meet the individual needs of children and their caregivers.
Vision Statement: NAPNAP builds diverse, inclusive, sustainable, innovative programs, which provide maximum benefit to members.
- Increases to 10,000 members and provides leadership and inclusive opportunities to an increasingly diverse professional and student membership.
- Provides and is recognized as the leaders in high-quality and accessible pediatric continuing education programs and the professional home for lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry.
- Provides a pathway of inclusion and mentorship for current and prospective members.
- Enhances the framework for chapters and SIGs to contribute to a shared strategic mission.
Supports members’ development and use of current, high-quality, evidence-based literature.
- Develops a sustainable, meaningful culture of support and philanthropy to benefit the NAPNAP Foundation and NAPNAP Partners for Vulnerable Youth.
- Enhances communications among the Executive Board, committees, chapters and SIGs to foster collaboration and innovation, and to promote awareness of the association’s activities.
Vision Statement: NAPNAP leverages its collective voice, expertise and resources to influence caregivers, policymakers, payors and thought leaders as it furthers the national brand of pediatric-focused APRNs as providers of high-quality, evidence-based, patient and family-centered health care.
Child and Public Affairs Advocacy
- Shapes and informs public policy related to child health through nonpartisan advocacy at the state and federal level.
- Actively leads and advocates for legislative and regulatory issues impacting child health.
- Is the authoritative source for legislative and regulatory recommendations related to the economic impact, reimbursement, payment and models of pediatric-focused APRN practices.
- Advocates for the removal of practice barriers.
- Advocates for ensuring access to the best qualified and culturally responsive pediatric-focused APRN workforce to provide the highest quality and safest health care to children across the care spectrum, including primary behavioral and mental health.
- Is the premier voice for the development of a diverse pipeline of pediatric-focused APRNs, including APRN students and faculty.
- Is the recognized leader promoting the value and benefits of pediatric-focused APRNs to patients, employers, schools, policy makers and prospective international partners.
- Develops and enhances strategic partnerships with other organizations with shared values to move towards mutual interests and goals related to child health, pediatric education, health policy and workforce interests.
- As the leader in pediatric education for nurse practitioners, NAPNAP will cultivate affiliate relationships to disseminate high-quality continuing education.
- Advocates for education models that utilize innovative teaching methods and high-quality, accessible clinical experience.
Vision Statement: NAPNAP builds capacity and invests in leadership, volunteer, staff, financial and technological resources to advance data-driven decisions that favorably impact the strategic mission and goals.
Diversified Revenue Sources
- Develops diversified revenue sources while managing costs to provide the greatest, most sustainable value to members.
Maximize Resource Utilization
- Manages expense and resource utilization consistent with NAPNAP’s strategic mission and goals.
Innovation & Technology
- Leverages innovative technology to support development and delivery of leading-edge resources and member services.
Governance & Leadership
- Employs best practices in governance, leadership, and staff policies and procedures.
- Manages legal, financial, public affairs and consultant practices in accordance with best practices in the not-for-profit industry.