NAPNAP will be recognized worldwide as the premier leader, trusted authority and indispensable resource on comprehensive pediatric advanced practice nursing care.
To empower pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) and their interprofessional partners to enhance child and family health through leadership, advocacy, professional practice, education and research.
- Commitment as demonstrated by advocacy for children, accountability to our members, passion for our practice and dedication to lifelong learning.
- Leadership as demonstrated through visionary, innovative and thoughtful engagement in a diverse and collaborative community.
- Integrity as demonstrated by ethical, legal, transparent and fiscally sound operations.
- Respect for all members of the healthcare team including patients, families and interprofessional partners.
Our strategic plan will guide our association's programs, service offerings, outreach and general operations over the next three years and build a foundation for growth in the pediatric-focused APRN community.
Leadership and Mentorship
Goal: NAPNAP will develop opportunities for professional growth and development of leadership skills for existing and future leaders and mentors.
- Network and partner with external groups to expand opportunities for leadership development.
- Implement a formal mentorship program.
- Increase member participation in leadership development activities, strategies and opportunities to promote the organization.
- Educate, support and expand the pediatric-focused APRN workforce to serve as preceptors and mentors.
Goal: NAPNAP will engage its members to elicit active participation in the association to meet its vision/mission.
- Improve engagement with chapter and SIG leaders and members encouraging them to develop and implement ideas that generate value and interest for members.
- Increase the number of academic partners and new student members and expand awareness of pediatric specialty and training.
- Partner with academic leaders to develop innovative programs of pediatric specialty and education that broaden evidence-based pediatric practice, research and advocacy initiatives for dissemination to student and standing members.
- Create awareness of the benefits of membership among international pediatric-focused healthcare providers to encourage membership and participation.
- Actively recruit into membership all pediatric-focused APRNs, and serve and support members to ensure high retention.
Goal: NAPNAP will advocate for children to have access to affordable, equitable, high-quality, evidence-based, and family-centered pediatric health care from a provider of their choice through work to influence legislation, regulation, and institutional and corporate policies.
- Develop strategic educational goals to train chapter legislative leaders to engage and increase member awareness, engagement and participation in Capitol Hill Day and other federal advocacy opportunities.
- Provide resources and guidance to chapters and SIGs to develop programs focused on building capacity to increase member awareness, engagement and participation in chapter and state policy activities.
- Increase advocacy for transparent, equitable reimbursement that is totally service-based and not dependent on the type of provider delivering the care.
- Sustain and foster a robust, high-quality network of pediatric-focused APRN expert leaders to represent NAPNAP on national, regional and state child health or APRN-related task forces, advisory panels and committees.
- Increase participation in collaborative efforts with other like-minded stakeholders to advance child health and safety initiatives and APRN professional issues.
- Advocate for national standardization of APRN practice across states toward the ultimate goal of every state granting APRN full practice authority though strategic education and grassroots networking among chapters, partner organizations, policy makers and the public.
Goal: NAPNAP will develop innovative interprofessional programs and partnerships that encourage, build and support evidence-, outcomes- and quality-based clinical practice resources to expand professional development opportunities for pediatric-focused APRNs.
- Expand existing continuing education programs and resources and develop new and creative modalities to provide professional education establishing NAPNAP as the leader in pediatric education for pediatric-focused APRNs.
- Develop new and expand existing resources and professional practice tools to meet the needs of pediatric-focused APRNs.
- Increase participation in the development, implementation and evaluation of resources regarding professional issues, standards and performance measures related to pediatric health care.
- Support the development of and participation in research projects and quality measures for disseminating evidence to improve outcomes for children.
Awareness and Influence
Goal: NAPNAP will create a national brand image that identifies pediatric-focused APRNs as the premier choice of providers for high-quality, family-centered, pediatric health care. NAPNAP will leverage its collective voice, expertise and resources to influence caregivers, policymakers, payers and thought leaders to support this role.
- Educate families, policymakers, healthcare leaders and stakeholders that pediatric-focused APRNs are highly educated and trained advanced practice healthcare experts who provide high-quality, holistic care resulting in optimal, family-centered outcomes.
- Brand NAPNAP internally and externally as the leader in pediatric-focused APRN continuing education, advocacy and professional practice.
- Leverage NAPNAP resources, the Journal of Pediatric Health Care and expertise of members in its internal and external communications outreach.
- Provide individualized, balanced, current, high-quality resources across all communications platforms to increase the value of membership and brand.
Organizational Operations and Sustainability
Goal: NAPNAP will have the financial and other resources and capacity to make the data-driven decisions necessary to fulfill its mission and achieve its goals.
- Develop diversified revenue sources and expand existing resources while managing costs to provide the highest value to members.
- Ensure best value for the dollar from legal, financial, accounting, lobbying and other consultants.
- Utilize and maximize technology to provide best available tools, programs and customer service to members and partners.